Meet Our Team
Meet the team! Learn who we are and what we can do for you.
While receiving his Bachelor of Arts at Johns Hopkins University, Peter sought a career that would combine his financial acumen and his passion for helping people. With that foundation in mind he was attracted to financial services and the opportunities that it provides.
After graduating with honors in 1997, Peter decided that Northwestern Mutual – a company whose values of putting clients’ interests first aligned with his own – was the best place for him to launch his career. Throughout his tenure, Peter has worked hard to expand his knowledge base in order to provide the best possible service to his clients. He has earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification, as well as the Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) and Chartered Advisor for Senior Living (CASL®) designations from The American College.
Associations and Memberships
- Certified Financial Planners Board of Standards, Inc
- Member of Financial Planning Association since 2003
- Member of AALU (The Association for Advanced Life Underwriting)
Originally from Rhode Island, Peter Tillinghast moved to Baltimore in 1993 to attend Johns Hopkins University. He fell in love with the city and settled there. He married Anne in 2009 and they welcomed their daughter, Evelyn, in April 2012. They currently reside in Baltimore City.
In his free time, Peter enjoys running, singing, traveling and rooting on his beloved Patriots and Red Sox.
Tasha has worked alongside Peter since 2004 and is an expert in our clients' needs. She is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certificant and has earned the Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), Chartered Advisor for Senior Living (CASL®) and Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®) designations. Additionally, she holds her Maryland Life, Health and Variable Annuity licenses as well as the Series 6, 7 and 66 securities licenses. Tasha is committed to providing you with top-tier service every day. Her focus is on comprehensive financial planning and client relationships.
Tasha grew up in Arlington, VA and is a graduate of the University of Maryland - College Park. She and her husband Keith, son Malachi (2010) and daughter Finley (2011) love living in and exploring Baltimore City. Most evenings and weekends, they can be found at a field or in a gym, whether it be at the adult social sports league, one of the kids’ games, coaching softball or rooting on the Orioles!
How can Tasha help you?
- She develops your Personal Planning Analysis
- She oversees strategic portfolio management
- She develops strong client relationships
- She can conduct planning reviews
- She triages interim planning or cash flow needs
- She coordinates with accountants on tax-time questions
Lauren joined Peter’s team in January 2014. She is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certificant, and holds her Maryland life and health insurance license, as well as the Series 7 and 66 securities licenses. She appreciates all the unique circumstances life brings and enjoys helping people with their individual needs.
Lauren is a graduate of James Madison University where she earned a B.S. degree in Psychology as well as an A.A.S. in Therapeutic Massage. Originally from Maryland, she and her husband, Mason, returned in 2012, after being stationed in Hawaii for 4 years. They welcomed their son, William Mason (the 5th), in 2010, and their daughter, Lana, in December of 2015. In her free time, Lauren enjoys cooking, photography, and all things musical, particularly playing the trumpet and piano.
How can Lauren help you?
- She can assist in creating your online viewing profile, electing paperless delivery options, and navigating the client website
- She collaborates with Peter on insurance planning, underwriting, and operations
- She can answer questions related to servicing your insurance policies, annuities, and billing accounts
- She can walk you through the insurance application process
- She can help you initiate an insurance claim
Brandon began working in the financial services industry in 2016 and joined Tillinghast & Associates in March 2019. He currently holds his Maryland life, health & annuity licenses, as well as the Series 7 & 66 securities registrations. Brandon enjoys engaging with people to develop and achieve their financial goals.
Brandon grew up in Severna Park, MD and is a graduate of the University of Maryland – College Park, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. In his free time, he enjoys boating, playing tennis, and cheering the Terps on in any in-season sport.
How can Brandon help you?
- He opens, processes, oversees and services all new and existing investment accounts
- He confirms and processes brokerage trades
- He manages cashiering activity, processing ACH & wire transfers and internal money movements
- He can assist in creating your online viewing profile, electing paperless delivery options, and navigating the client website
Avery began working with Northwestern Mutual in 2018, and joined Tillinghast & Associates in January of 2021. He currently holds his Maryland Life and Health licenses, as well as the Series 6 and 63 securities registrations.
Avery grew up in Calvert County, MD and is a graduate of the Perdue School of Business at Salisbury University, where he earned his bachelor’s degree in Finance and Information Systems. In his free time, he likes to play and listen to music, cook, and cheer on DC sports.